Last Updated: This Privacy Statement was last updated on 1 January 2019.
ARLANXEO respects your privacy and recognizes the great importance of safeguarding your personal data. As a global organization, we strive to process your personal data in a lawful, fair and transparent manner. For this reason, we would like you to know how we handle your personal data. This Privacy Statement explains what kind of personal data we process about you when you browse this website, for what purposes and on what legal grounds we do so, who we share it with, and what rights you have in relation to our use of your personal data.
Who is responsible for your personal data?
Depending on which of our websites you visit, a company from the ARLANXEO group will be responsible as data controller for your personal data. More information about the ARLANXEO group can be obtained via our website www.arlanxeo.com. The name of the relevant company responsible as data controller for your personal data within the ARLANXEO group can be obtained via our email-address email@example.com.
What is processing of personal data?
“Personal data” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Personal data may include your first and last name, date of birth, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, and certain data related to the device you use to visit our website, such as an IP address. “Processing” covers a wide range of operations that can be performed on personal data (whether manually or by automated means). It includes the collection, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, consultation, use, making available and erasure of personal data.
What personal data do we collect?
If you use our website, we may collect personal data about you in different ways.
Personal data you provide directly
In certain sections of our website, we may ask you to submit information about you when you use contact forms or e-mails, our information portals or online tools, or apply for employment on our career page. Any personal data submitted in such way is collected because you provided this data to us. The following personal data is collected directly from you:
- Use of contact forms and e-mail
We offer you the opportunity to contact us directly using the contact forms available on our website or through e-mail, in order to make inquiries or requests. The following personal data is provided by you for this purpose:
- first and last name;
- e-mail address;
- telephone number;
- street and house number
- country, state, postcode and city;
- Use of information portals and online tools
Once you have registered and created an account, we may offer you the opportunity to use one of our information portals or online tools, as part of an order for products or services or to call up product information. This includes, for example, ARLANXEO’s self-service information exchange portal, procurement portal and online purchase tool. Through such registration and the use of these portals or online tools, the following personal data is provided by you:
- user name;
- first and last name;
- e-mail address;
- telephone number.
- Use of career page
Through the career page on our website, we offer you the opportunity to apply for employment at ARLANXEO. As part of any recruitment process, our career page will require you to provide us with information about you by using an online application form or e-mail. Personal data you may provide to us for the purpose of a job application includes:
- first and last name;
- date of birth;
- telephone number;
- marital status;
- any other personal data set out in your application and resume.
Personal data collected automatically when you visit our website
In addition to the personal data you provide directly to us, we automatically collect certain personal data during your visit to an ARLANXEO website in order to facilitate your access to such website. The following data is collected automatically:
- IP address;
- date and time of the request;
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT);
- content of the request (specific page);
- access status/HTTP status code;
- amount of data transferred in each case;
- website from which the request comes;
- operating system and its interface;
- language and version of the browser software.
How do we use your personal data?
Processing of personal data is only lawful if we do so for specific and limited purposes, and if we have a lawful basis for processing such personal data. We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide information about products or services you have shown interest in purchasing;
- To deliver the products or perform the services, you requested for.
Our lawful basis for processing your personal data for these purposes are to fulfil a contract we have with you or because you asked us to do something as a first step before entering into a contract.
- To answer any of your inquiries or requests. In this case, our legitimate interests consist of ensuring that we communicate with you in a timely manner and answer your requests cost-effectively;
- To process your application for employment or subscription to any of our recruitment services. In this case, our legitimate interests consist of allowing us to manage the recruitment process, assess an applicant’s suitability for employment and decide to which applicant we will offer employment;
- To make sure that our website is functioning properly for you and your device and to improve the security of our website and networks. In this case our legitimate interests consist of ensuring that you receive an excellent user experience and that our networks are secure.
- To generate statistics on the use of our website and to analyse and improve its use and functionality. In this case our legitimate interests consist of analysing the use of our website with help from statistics so that we can optimize the attractiveness, content, and functionality of the information we provide on it.
Our lawful basis for processing your personal data for these purpose is that the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us.
- To monitor and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulatory requirements to which we are subject, such as in relation to the retention of records, trade sanctions and local employment, social security laws and regulations.
Our lawful basis for processing your personal data for this purpose is that we are compelled to comply with a legal obligation.
Our lawful basis for processing your personal data for this purpose is that you have given us your consent.
Where processing is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, please note that this will not affect the validity of any processing which occurred prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
How we share your personal data with others
To fulfil the purposes described above, we may need to share your personal data with others. We will only share your personal data on a strict need to know basis with:
- Other companies within our ARLANXEO group of companies, such as our parent company, subsidiaries and corporate affiliates;
- Our third party service providers who provide services for us or on our behalf, such as companies that help us with the recruitment process, website hosting, information technology, and other support services that we have outsourced;
- To any successor in the event of a reorganisation, merger, divestment or other sale of some or all of our assets or stock;
- Other third parties, such as competent public and governmental authorities, in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we or any of the companies within the ARLANXEO group is subject to.
Do we transfer your personal data to countries outside the EEA?
How do we protect your personal data?
ARLANXEO has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from unlawful alteration, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. For instance, when we transmit personal data, we do so in encrypted form to prevent misuse of the data by third parties. Our security measures are continuously revised in line with technological developments.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will store your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, unless there is a legal, accounting or reporting requirement to retain your personal data for a longer period (in which case we will store the personal data for as long as required to fulfil such legal, accounting or reporting requirement). As an example, personal data you provide to us through our career page will be stored for no longer than 3 months after we reject your application for employment.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
- Right of Access
You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is being processed by us, and, if we do, to obtain information on what we are doing with it and a copy of that personal data.
- Right to rectification
If the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or not complete, you have the right to request rectification or correction of your personal data.
- Right to erasure
You have the right to request us to erase your personal data when that personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, there is no legal ground for us to process it, or your personal data has been unlawfully processed. However, please note that there may be circumstances in which we are required to retain your personal data in order to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
- Right to restriction of processing
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict how we process your personal data. When you restrict our processing, we can still keep your personal data stored, but we may not process it any further.
- Right to data portability
You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to have it transmitted to another data controller.
- Right to object
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data and request us that we no longer process such data.
You may exercise any of the above rights, by contacting our Data Privacy Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that we may require you to provide proof of your identity (such as a copy of your ID card or passport) before we can comply with your request.
How to withdraw your consent?
If you have given us your consent to any processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting our Data Privacy Coordinator at email@example.com. However, please note that this will not affect the validity of any processing which occurred prior to the withdrawal of your consent, or any processing which is based on another lawful basis than your consent.
Where can you lodge a complaint?
If you are unsatisfied with how we process your personal data or if you believe that your data protection rights have been violated, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you believe your rights have been infringed.
Links to other websites
This website may contain links to third-party websites and services. Please note that we are not responsible in any way for the privacy practices of such websites or for the privacy of any information collected by such services. We therefore recommend that you carefully read the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
Privacy of children
We do not seek to collect and further process personal data about anyone we know is under the age of 16 without the prior consent of their parent or guardian. However, we are not aware of the age of our website’s users. Therefore, if you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have collected personal data about your child, you have the right to request a copy of that personal data and to request us to erase it, by contacting our Data Privacy Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions or concerns about our Privacy Statement or about the way we use your personal data, or if wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data (as set out above), please contact our Data Privacy Coordinator at email@example.com.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may update and change this Privacy Statement from time to time, so please make sure you check this page frequently.